How to not get double photos (thumbnail plus inserted photo)

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by vitog, Jan 29, 2017.

1. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

... I couldn't figure out how to insert only one copy of the photo.

128848-e4ddf9709b7fddc8cef6e471a6d2043f.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

If you do it the way it shows here, it shouldn't end up doing the double display.
    Attach photos and files

3. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Wendy, thanks for the information about inserting photos. I assume that the method described works, but I'm used to previewing my reply before I post it. That used to be easy in the old system, but not now. First of all, there is no preview button visible on the screen where you are editing the reply. Eventually, I tried the "More Options..." button and found that a preview was available there. However, the preview screen does not show the thumbnail actually inserted into the reply, just a text reference to the thumbnail; so you can't tell how the thumbnail is going to fit. That is where I tried dragging the thumbnail into the desired position, but it always resulted in two copies of the thumbnail. The old preview screen showed the thumbnail properly; I never had any problems inserting photos before. Perhaps the preview screen is unnecessary in this version of the system. Can you trust the initial reply screen to show the inserted thumbnail sized and located properly? If not, the preview screen needs some improvements.

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Yes, on the reply screen, what I see is what I get. I have not been using the preview.
    And I did a test in the Testbed - dragging the thumbnail does result in the double photos. You avoid that by positioning your cursor, then clicking the thumbnail button.