seedlings?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Greerish, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Greerish

Greerish Active Member

I found these seedlings in my greenhouse earlier all i know is they're cacti of some sort. I have no clue how they got there as i have never even tried to grow cacti from seed but there they are.

Anychance anyone could id them? It might be a bit early on for a posative id but thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. mywan

mywan Active Member

I don't know much about cactus that young and don't know about the leaf, but the cacti button has a general form similar to Cleistocactus such as igosagonus. Just a wild guess.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Perhaps someone consumed some cactus fruit while in your greenhouse and left some seed behind. Dragonfruit? Prickly pear?

4. Greerish

Greerish Active Member

Thanks mywan, Junglekeeper, I'll have a search on those and see what i can find. It's probably a wee bit early to id them but I'll post what i find.

5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

To clarify, I'm not suggesting it is either of those plants; they just happen to be the first examples that came to mind.

6. Greerish

Greerish Active Member

Yep, but you did remind me i have some Hylocereus seed in storage and was wondering if some might have got in there some how.

But I had a look around and found some pictures os seedlings of Hylocereus and found this
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29904778@N03/2800180554/
    these are a bit further along but have a lot of similarity to mine.

So Thank you for the reminder