Rare Seed:

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by paullcv, Nov 21, 2008.

1. RPBnimrod

RPBnimrod Active Member

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

You know, I didn't even think about the palms, but that's very very possible!

3. Chungii V

Chungii V Active Member

I am still wondering if there is any further info other than seed photos. There must be some idea, if you have gathered the seed, as to what type of plant they have come from. I would surely go back to where I started and try and find the source of the seed. Unless it was sent to you and that would make it difficult. Anyhow there's still some deliberation about the subject. The two seed you have posted are totally different in shape from one another; one is round and spherical whereas the other is rather flattened and oval in shape. There is a high chance they are probably a mutation of sorts. The first seed is still amazes me because there is different texture on the seed, then on the 'snakey' part there are again 2 different textures (the spots and lines along where the snakes body meets the head). Even the head has different markings to the body. It's all very intricate.
    Whether I am sounding skeptical or not; if they were to be seed they most likely are mutations.
    Perhaps some extra info on seeds origins and any plants that were around when you found them might shed a little more light on the subject.

4. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Paullcv, I looked at this web site:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrissur

According to the information on this site, your town (Thrissur) has a number of schools and universities. Among these are Kerala Agricultural University and the College of Horticulture. Perhaps one of these could give you either an answer, or more information.

5. kadai

kadai Active Member

very interesting seeds!

Not related but this reminds me of Dracontomelon dao seeds which are called "Five Buddhas" seeds in Thailand.

Attached Files:

6. Lila Pereszke

Lila Pereszke Well-Known Member 10 Years

Wow... these cobra-seeds are really amazing!!! But unfortunately I can't help you to ID them.. :(

(It looks more like an ancient jewel, than a plant seed... :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008