Problems uploading images

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by StudentGuy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. StudentGuy

StudentGuy Member

Hey there, Im quite fond of plants and gardening and nature in general but since I have only developed a relatively recent interest I may need some expert advice and help from time to time from your good selves! So... here I go!

Ive uploaded a few pictures I mainly want to know what the purple flower is with the stamen (It think thats the right word) in a swirl. Maybe my questions with the other flowers is like asking a mathmatician what is 2x2 but oh well haha.

Thanks.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. StudentGuy

StudentGuy Member

Re: Can anyone Identify this flower?

okay Ill put the pictures in after Ive been here for 5 days and done 5 posts. Surely it wont take long?

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

It shouldn't be a problem. There should be plenty of room to upload your posts. I think the limit is 10MB for new users.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Ah, sorry, 3MB. Still - plenty of room to upload a couple pics.

6. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi Studentguy - you say you've "uploaded a few pictures" - if they are already on a website of your own, just post the link to the website where you have them uploaded

Otherwise, 4 days and 3 posts to go . . .

7. Daniel Mosquin

Actually, it's one more post and one more day -> I didn't alter the written accompaniment to How to Attach Images to the new 2 days + 3 posts from the old 5 days + 5 posts. I've changed it now.

8. StudentGuy

StudentGuy Member

Aw thanks thats great! I bet your looking forward to seeing what these plants / flowers look like?

Well its funny you should say about putting them on a website, everyone keeps droning on about the website www.myspace.com but Ive tried about 30 or so times and I cant sign up for an account there??? weird eh?

Ill post my photos as soon as poss though, many thanks for changing the rules!

9. StudentGuy

StudentGuy Member

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I took them with my 8.1 MP camera haha.

10. Daniel Mosquin

Another possibility is to open up a free Flickr account. You can upload large images and it will resize them for you, which sounds like the problem in this case.

11. Daniel Mosquin

(since this has morphed into a "How to Use the Forums" thread, I've moved it there - please start a new thread in the plant id forum once you've everything sorted out).

Also, a link for Flickr: Flickr