Mystery Plant from Quebec

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Michael J McGuire, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Michael J McGuire

Michael J McGuire New Member

I found this plant outside of Grands Jardins National Park in Quebec and I am having quite a hard time identifying it. It was found in very sandy soils, bright sun (powerline route). The leaves are somewhat hairy with sparse medium-length white filaments. If anyone has any thoughts that would be amazingly helpful!

Attached Files:

2. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

I bump this topic up, because I am also interested about this plant.
    Could you provide some measures of the plant or a photo with a reference object, like a ruler or a measuring tape or even just a hand?

3. Botanykerwin_0529

Botanykerwin_0529 Member

Indeed, grasses, Poaceae, growing seemingly any- and everywhere, will stay mysterious to me. I just do know a few grasses in case at best shape and flowering.
    You might like to compare reports and images at iNaturalist, so best luck! Observations ยท iNaturalist.org

4. Susan G

Susan G Active Member 10 Years

Looks like Dichanthelium sp.

Daniel Mosquin and Sulev like this.
  5. Botanykerwin_0529

Botanykerwin_0529 Member

I may agree to ID as Dichanthelium sp. after short comparison, but can't get sure of the species without thoroughly studying those grasses.
    You could try to upload at iNaturalist website to get IDs from experienced naturalists. Good Luck so far!