Is this considered a weed, should I irradicate it from my yard?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Laticauda, May 21, 2009.

1. Laticauda

Laticauda Active Member

Ok, this plant is ALL OVER my yard. Mainly in the flowerbed areas. I decided to dig up where I found a hole in the yard. (Bug hunting, I have many interesting hobbies!) Anyway, it was where I had pulled one of these stalks out, and below I found a bulb-type thing. They are all around the edges of my foundation and the walls around my garden. I left these because they cover up a nasty wall, and have almost successfully shaded out the other weeds growing up against the house. I planned on pinching the flowers as soon as they bloom, just so I can get a picture. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  2. Tyrlych

Tyrlych Rising Contributor 10 Years

Re: Unknown flower? weed?

Mirabilis may be? Or something else of Nyctaginaceae.

3. Laticauda

Laticauda Active Member

I think that's it, But I can't be absolutely certain. That was quite a fast answer! Is this a weed that I should be trying to get rid of or is it something worth keeping?

4. Laticauda

Laticauda Active Member

yes, they are definitely four o'clocks. I saw them bloomed around 6:30 or seven, but the daylight that was left of the day, felt like four o'clock to me (internal clock still set to winter, hahaha, guess I haven't woken up from hibernation yet, lol) Anyway, just rambling on....