ID for misidentified vine

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by ShearMe, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

So I ordered some passiflora incarnata seeds, and thought what I grew were infact maypops, but seeing the flowers and the "fruit" on the plant, even the seed company owner has no idea what it is.

I can get a better picture if needed, and any help would be great. :)

Attached Files:

2. Charles Richard

Charles Richard Active Member 10 Years

Is the picture showing an immature flower or a seed pod? The leaf on the plant looks similar to some of the 'arisaema' family?
    Will be interesting to find out, I'm sure.

3. thanrose

thanrose Active Member 10 Years

That sure looks like okra to me. Eh, the leaf? or pod looks very much like okra, but you would have seen a yellow hibiscus looking flower with a dark red center first. The deep dissections or lobes on the leaves is a bit extreme for okra, but hibiscus family plants do that when stressed.

4. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

There were yellow hibiscus looking flowers with dark red centers... you saying I have okra? :o

5. ShearMe

ShearMe Active Member

There were yellow hibiscus looking flowers with dark red centers, and it isn't doing nearly as well as the other plant... you saying I have okra? :o

It is an immature seed pod in the picture above, but here are other shots of both plants I have(hard to believe they are the same plants, but they are for sure.

Attached Files: