Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Margot, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

Happy New Year to all my friends and acquaintances on the UBC Forums. Even though we will likely never meet, I have come to regard you as friends and count on you for your interesting posts and informative answers to questions. Much appreciation also to Daniel Mosquin, Wendy Cutler, Acerholic and all the other moderators for their contributions. This forum has been a lifeline for me, especially the past 2 years. Aren't we lucky to have our gardens, our love of gardening and our gardening friends to help us through these difficult times?

upload_2021-12-31_18-45-23.png

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Georgia Strait and wcutler like this.
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Aw shucks. Well, there's a lot of good people on here that make the whole thing work, whether by contributing questions, answers, or both. Plus a lot of volunteer time on the parts of the forum moderators.

Georgia Strait, Margot and wcutler like this.
  3. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    Happy Ukrainian « Boxing Day « —- yesterday Jan 07/22 was Christmas

Thank you Margot — it’s inspiring and interesting to view questions and esp virtual garden tours

For fun - and because I should be doing chores - and it’s snowing again ! - I made some amateur limerick gifts for several people herein —- all polite garden manners of course

@Margot - two for you - based on snips of detail you’ve shared here

@Acerholic - it’s obvious :)

@Keith Elliott - what a wonder of work and enthusiasm

@wcutler — I am slowly learning about blossom trees thanks to her teams work - joy to look fwd to in 2022

of course I can spend all day having fun with word arts tho practical chores beckon … don’t feel I’ve limited this creative endeavour — some words will come to me another day for many topics and wonderful contributors as Margot points out above

Attached Files:

Margot and wcutler like this.
  4. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

These are excellent @Georgia Strait! You really have a knack. It took me all day to come up with this one for you.

Even with two lovely gardens to tend –
    Georgia Strait still finds enough time to spend
    Exploring the coast,
    More familiar than most –
    Nature is this gardener’s true friend.

Georgia Strait and wcutler like this.