Another plant to identify

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by jfberdog, Jul 27, 2018.

1. jfberdog

jfberdog Member

Another unknown plant. I am sure this is a weed but would like to know what it is. It is about 3 feet tall, leaves are about 9 inches long and the stem is hairy. The underrsides of the leaves are not hairy. No flower so far.
    I live in southern Ontario and have checked all the websites for plant ID but cannot find anything similar. The plant is growing in many places in our garden, most of which we have simply pulled out.

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

That's pretty impressive, unless you don't want it in your garden, in which case there is probably some other word you'd choose. That plant certainly lost out in the flowers department. Or maybe not from the plant's point of view - certainly nobody picks it for a cut-flowers arrangement.

4. jfberdog

jfberdog Member

Wow, very impressive. I do find the leaves lovely. I was most afraid that it would spread and "take over" the garden, but it does not seem that aggressive. Thank you both very much for the help in identifying it.