Acer palmatum 'Inaba shidare'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by swanny, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

22nd August 2020 and yet another that looks pretty in the Summer rain. I really hope the members that have requested this one enjoy today's photo. If you do, then it was worth getting wet for.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

27th August 2020 the winds have died down at last. Some suffered more than others.
    New growth and nearly September, so very strange this year. I really don't think these new branches will survive the Winter.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

28th August 2020 and the ground is incredibly wet for the time of year. Just had more hail stones and my maples that are heavy in leaf do not like it one bit.
    But my Inaba Shidare hasn't fared too badly. Glowing in the aftermath

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

12th September 2020 and believe it or not, new growth is everywhere in my garden together with Autumn colours emerging. Temperatures of 31°C expected in a couple of days.
    So pretty, but this will not survive if we have early hard frosts in October.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

20th September 2020 and new growth plus some strange colouring on my maples now. But Inaba Shidare is doing everything right atm.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

23rd September 2020 and the first full day of Autumn. We have lots of rain so the dissectums come into their own IMO.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

3rd October 2020 an tbe colours are everywhere now. Inaba Shidare is giving a lot of pleasure in my garden.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

14th October 2020 and the brightness of the leaves on my Inaba shidare is now so very pleasing to the eye in my garden. Hope you all agree that this cultivar deserves a place in any garden.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

17th October 2020 and here is a fuller view of my Inaba Shidare as requested. Amongst the other greens this cultivar really stands out.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

23rd October 2020 and Inaba shidare has the bright reds that have the orange tints now. This means in just a few days time the tree will be bare.

Attached Files: