yuccas

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by the man, Mar 5, 2006.

1. the man

the man Member

I see these everywere but don't know what they are but they do look subtropical plants and another thing are these really subtropical? And there is another plant. Sorry about the very bad picture. Reason I did not want the guy to see me and my windows were fogged. We still have snow :(

Attached Files:

2. wrygrass2

wrygrass2 Active Member 10 Years

Yuccas they appear to be, my guess would be Y. schidigera as I think I can make out some shredding of leaf edge which is typical of this species and it is a California native. Mostly found growing wild in the deserts in southern CA, or in Baha California. Would think that they were introduced from there.

Harry

3. the man

the man Member

You might be right. We have a zone 7 more inland climate It does very good. We are mixed with a yucca filimentosa. The other plant I will tell you more about it, It looks like a umbrella with leaves undevided when it gets cold enouth they put their leaves down more closer to their stem and say green all winter. They could be bamboo could be wrong but maybe. These are tropical looking, not very much though but can live in zones 5-10.