Wollemia nobilis...any news on timeline for U.S. sales?

Discussion in 'Araucariaceae' started by markinwestmich, Jul 24, 2006.

1. MickiS

MickiS Active Member

Hi! I have enjoyed these discussions and feel so very privileged to be the proud care giver of my 'ancient' Wollemia nobilis. Prior to my spouse giving me one for Christmas I had never even heard of them. Mine is numbered and I am wondering if all of them are. I feel such a responsibility in caring for this special tree.

2. kia796

kia796 Active Member

Hi Micki,
    Wonderful! Mine came with a card description "of authenticity", confirming it had been grown/propagated by a licensed facility.

You'll enjoy researching it; tons of stuff on the Wollemia nobilis; just Google it.
    Better yet, Google Image it...and you'll see thousands of beautiful specimens from all over the world whose owners are also excited to have one. Many are housed in steel cages by Botanic Gardens worldwide -- evidencing their rarity and value to both collectors and the scientific community.

Good spouse! (*grin*)

3. AJ003

AJ003 Member

Sunset that is a gorgeous plant, I am from Roberts Creek and have seen a few...I am in the Victoria area and would really like one. Do any of you know where I can get my hands on one..cheers

4. AJ003

AJ003 Member

wonderful plant Sunset...Im from the Creek and have seen a few ...Do any of you know where I can get my hands on one in the Victoria area...cheers

5. Sunset Cycads

Sunset Cycads Active Member 10 Years