In The Garden: Tree with white flower and blue fruits and red petals

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Joseph Lin, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Joseph Lin

Joseph Lin Active Member 10 Years

Tree with white flower and blue fruits and red petals? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Flora of China, on its Clerodendrum trichotomum in Flora of China @ efloras.org page, does not seem to have Clerodendrum trichotomum var. fargesii, but on its Author Citations Guidelines page, it uses exactly that as an example. I'm just complaining [Edited: but really, I should have noticed that they are not related pages]. I found another kind of eflora page, Clerodendrum trichotomum Thunb., which google has kindly translated but not showed a translated url, and it does list this. The text under the expanded images is just locations (I had to type them into google translate) and says nothing about which of all those names is what the photo is showing. Or is the page saying that all those names are the same plant? Hmm, @Joseph Lin, are you understanding anything more on this page than I can find?

Well, the GRIN page, at Taxonomy - GRIN-Global Web v 1.9.7.1, shows
    Synonyms:
    so maybe I did understand the Chinese page.

@Douglas Justice, you promised to include Clerodendrum trichotomum in either Vancouver Trees or Vancouver Shrubs. Have you written this up yet? I have photos of triangular sepals and of thin reflexed sepals, have been wondering if they get a different name or not.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  4. Joseph Lin

Joseph Lin Active Member 10 Years

In Chinese websites, their colors can be variable, so two names are now put together.
    They can also be found in Taiwan. Thanks.