I'm requesting some assistance in identifying what a particular tree is, as I've just noticed my new puppy has begun eating the berries it drops to the ground. He hasn't keeled-over yet, or been vomitting, but that could be bad, too. The tree is growing in my neighbour's back yard, but also grows fairly frequently around town, here. It produces black berries (red, then they turn to black), but they aren't mulberries, as far as I can tell from picture comparisons. I also don't think it's a black cherry, as this is in Northern Alberta, and those tend to live south and east of here [like, way south]. Also, it was making little white flowers in the spring/early summer (don't have pics of that). I'm also able, upon verification of the tree, of finding out if my lab puppy is going to be poisoned by it, but just in case anyone knows first, the puppy is a little purebred black-lab. I've scaled the pictures down to 1/16 normal size so they should display properly as attachments.