Starting new Japanese Garden - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Japanese Gardens' started by cocobolo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. janetdoyle

janetdoyle Active Member 10 Years

Victoria [Saanich, actually, northeast of Victoria
    I am just a beginner with the Japanese Maples, too, WillandLynn, and have acquired an Orangeola which is thought to be good with very unusual colour -- mine keeps changing, it opened up this spring a rather dull dusky dark red, but is now changing to shaded orange-and-green. It is supposed to have some brilliant fall orange colour at some point. Mine is looking rather "weeping" in shape but wasn't sold as a weeping variety, I don't know if it is supposed to be. Otherwise I am as lost as you are -- look at the forum on Maples.

2. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Janet,
    Thanks a lot for the reccomendation, believe it or not before I read this post I actually purchased an Orangeola species tree at the local grocery store. I looked at fellow members Orangeola pictures here on the site and was was very impressed with their results. Maybe we can both post our Orangeola pics, mine was purchased at our Quality foods, by the way. Have a great day :)

3. WillandLynn

WillandLynn Member

Hi Cocobolo,
    I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the pictures of your Japanese Garden :) Where exactly is Ruxton Island in relation to Qualicum Beach?