questions about after forums archived

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by joclyn, Feb 1, 2010.

1. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

will the pm system still be available for use by the registered members after the general forums are archived??

what about the archived sections? will they stay available for reference purposes?? if not, just how long will we have to extract info that we want to keep???

i've got a ton of threads that i've subscribed to - the majority are 'growing info' and it will take me some time to copy info out. also, have a bunch of 'want list' items that will also need to be copied out onto a list.

if i hadn't lost the other computer, i wouldn't be as concerned as i'd already been been moving info out to excel and/or word and was about 2/3 of the way done. will have to start from scratch now and just want to know how quickly i'll need to accomplish it...

2. Katalina25

Katalina25 New Member

Hi Joclyn,

I do believe three months is when the admin meet again to discuss this board going foward, in which direction we'll have to wait and see.

I have many friends here and hope we will all keep in touch in other ways.

I closed my mailbox two weeks ago.

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Yes

Yes

4. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

daniel, thanks for responding so quickly :)

@ katalina, closing your mailbox wasn't the best idea...what if someone, who hasn't been on this week and won't log in for another month wants to contact you?? they won't be able to!!

since daniel has confirmed that the pm system will still be available, i suggest we all leave it open so that those that come on site in the next month or so will still be able to contact people they wish to keep in contact with!!

it's not a good idea to be posting your email addy on open forums (as per the thread started for just such a purpose). spam bots (both automated and human-run) surf sites such as these looking for that kind of info. and doing the DOT and AT bit doesn't quite keep you safe, either. used to, from the bots, anyhoo. real people can easily bypass that and i'm sure the bots have been updated to look for that formating, as well!

so, anyhoo, my mailbox will remain open to any who wish to send a note :)