Flower?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Kazakh_Calgarian, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Kazakh_Calgarian

Kazakh_Calgarian New Member

Please forgive me my utter ignorance. I'm only beginning to get involved in botany, but I've always loved it. I'm learning so much and getting some hands-on experience in my modest start-up garden, but I'm virtually a newbie. Anyway. I've looked hard but couldn't find the correct clasification for these flowers. Can you please help?? These particular plants are growing outdoors in Almaty, Kazakhstan. But most likely not local species. Sorry again for troubling! One day I hope I'll be an expert

Attached Files:

2. chimera

chimera Well-Known Member 10 Years

Welcome to the forums.
    The third one looks like a rose.

3. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Kazakh_Calgarian

Thank you! Such a big and beautiful rose, like a bride :)

5. Kazakh_Calgarian

You made it seem so easy that now I'm embarrassed and thinking, "will I ever know my plans as good as you?" :))) Thank you for your time and response giving exact names of species. That was great help. I've read about all these plans, and will probably try to grow Catharanthus next spring, a pretty flower. The name "pure flower" matches my daughter's name. :)

Neat forum, it requires to answer questions about flower's parts as anti-spam! :)