A bit of forum reorganization

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi,

I've just done a bit of forum reorganization. I moved a couple forums out of the trial area into proper categories. I've also promoted the General Gardening group of forums higher up the page.

Daniel

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

And more re-orgs:

Plants by Taxonomic Groups thread titles have been (mostly) shortened.

The Arbutus & Rhododendron forums have been merged into a Ericaceae (rhodo, arbutus, et al.) forum.

The Beeches forum has been expanded into a Fagaceae (beeches, oaks, et al.) forum.

Plant Trading has been closed to new threads, but it's far better for you to read this thread for an explanation of what's occurred, since there are a lot of accompanying details.

Sourcing Plants & Supplies is in the process of being removed entirely. It was closed to new threads 2 years ago, and it is now closed to both new threads and new replies. Information-dense threads with no privacy issues in this forum will be moved elsewhere, otherwise the out-of-date threads will be deleted.

Indoor Plants ID is slated to be merged into the main Indoor & Greenhouse Plants forum. See this thread for a discussion on the matter.

3. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Maybe broaden Fagaceae further into Fagales? (beech, oak, chestnut, nothofagus, birch, alder, hazel, walnut, etc.)

4. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I love having Pacific Northwest (and the note about the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival - thanks for that) where it is now, closer to the top of the page.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Possibly. It involves explaining the larger group, though. It would grab a few more from the Woody Plants section.