Yucca tree issue

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by YuccaMan, Jul 4, 2006.

1. YuccaMan

YuccaMan Member

I bought a yucca tree about 6 months ago from a local grocery store and the tree was in outstanding shape. There are 2 trees in the pot and of course one is smaller than the other. I repotted the trees in a much bigger pot about 3 months ago.

Since then the bigger yucca leaves turned a really light green (not yellow) and started to sag like its wilted. The smaller one still looks ok with dark green leaves that stand up like they should. I dont think Ive over/underwatered it but I have no idea whats wrong with it. The little "nubs" where the leave sprout are kinda a bit soggy if lightly squeezed. I havent took the trees out to look at the roots yet. I thought I might get some info before doing that. Any info GREATLY appreciated.

YuccaMan

Attached Files:

2. HortLine

HortLine Active Member 10 Years

There's a good chance you're overwatering your yucca. Check the soil mix you've used, it may be too heavy and without proper drainage. Use a mix with a high ratio of sand. The more light the better. Good Luck!

3. YuccaMan

YuccaMan Member

Thanks for the info, I think the soil I used was a name brand soil with "moisture control" and it is still damp. Ill go today and look for some soil with a high sand content like you stated. Any reccomendations on soil brands? If it gets better Ill post new pics.

Thanks again,
    YuccaMan