Identification: wierd indoor plant - what is it?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by enjoyful, Jul 27, 2006.

1. enjoyful

enjoyful Member

This is a cutting from a co-worker's plant that has been living on his windowsill for at least ten years. It sits in the center of the pot w/ long tendrills hanging down. All the leaves/tendrills look like this. Basically, it looks like something b/t a brain and an octopus (i obviously don't know a lot about plants, sorry). The leaves are tough w/ the oustide covered in "velvet" and the inside is a dark slick green. Hopefully the picture will speak for itself. This cutting lived in a cup of water for a few months and grew roots. It also seems to be a slow growing plant. Thanks in advance guys!!

Attached Files:

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

that is a Hindu Rope "Hoya" .. they are beautifull plants .. dont over water and they like a late morning sun .. i have my tri colored one sitting on my kitchen window sill faceing south and it loves it there ..

Marn

3. enjoyful

enjoyful Member

Thank you so much!! So many people I've talked with/showed this plant to, had no idea what it was!!
    I will definately be able to care for it properly now!

4. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

your welcome ... they are cool looking plants .. i have a tri colored one and i love it .. green white and pink ... so pretty looking ..

Marn