Why is my dumb cane drooping?!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by juju_10, Jan 5, 2022.

1. juju_10

juju_10 New Member

Any idea on why you think my dumb cane is drooping? I’ve had it for a couple months and it’s been perfectly fine. I ended up moving it closer to my door that gives more indirect bright light but then it started drooping. The plant just grew two new leaves so it’s not dying, but something is definitely wrong! Do you think it’s the cool air coming from the door? Please help!!

Attached Files:

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

You could move it back where it was to see if that makes a difference? I think these care more about temperature than light, though the page at Dieffenbachia (Dumb Cane): Plant Care & Growing Guide (thespruce.com) says they do want indirect bright light.
    We can't see the pot - is it in the original pot it came in? You could lift it out of the pot to see if it's root-bound. I'm wondering if it wants more water, but of course you don't want to overwater it. You could feel how heavy the pot is when you water it and see if it's already very light by the time you next water it.

juju_10 likes this.
  3. juju_10

juju_10 New Member

Thank you! I definitely stay on top of watering, so it definitely is not the watering. It is still in the same pot it's in when I bought it a couple months ago..I feel that maybe since I moved it by the door, the cool breeze from winter may be throwing it off. I have moved it and I am going to check for root bound today! Just as another idea! Thank you for your help!!