Where to buy sprayer?

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Lysichiton, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Lysichiton

Lysichiton Active Member

I need a new good quality sprayer. My old 2 gallon "fire extinguisher style" one finally got beyond my ability to repair it. I bought a couple of small ones from garden stores, but they aren't big enough, are too poorly made & are basically a waste of money (being polite) if you need to use them regularly.

Where do landscapers and serious gardeners get their equipment in the Lower Mainland? Does anyone have recommendations for makes?

Thanks.

2. Geezer840

Geezer840 Active Member 10 Years

I highly recommend the SOLO brand backpack sprayer. There are two five gallon capacity sprayers that are both durable and easy to use. The difference between the two is that one is a diaphragm design that allows the use of sprays that include solid particles. The non-diaphragm type is for straight liquids.
    The units have a compression chamber that holds liquid and will provide good pressure with only a few strokes of the convenient handle. Because you are not compressing air in the entire container the amount of pumps required is consistent regardless if you are spraying a half gallon or five gallons.
    I believe they are available at almost any chain hardware or home improvement store.
    They are (or were five years ago when I bought mine) approximately $100 US.
    I hope this helps you.