What’s wrong with these tomato plants?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by guccisimo85, Aug 4, 2020.

1. guccisimo85

guccisimo85 New Member

Hello!

My tomatoes leaves have slowly been turning yellow with black at the edges and then drying out (pics below). I water daily and fertilize weekly with Jack's tomato fertilizer. I gave them some calcium & magnesium last week along with some seaweed and they perked up slightly, but now they seem wilted again. Today I did notice a lot of what I think are black flies on the borage plants around the tomatoes. Anyone hazard a guess at what the issue is and how I should treat them?

DF3D27CA-A1CC-4EFA-85B0-ABE078456AF2.jpeg 0F7F1F6B-96D4-435B-8B90-3D50DB3FBD01.jpeg 8041DFA0-19D9-4634-8E8E-2F6EB6733C25.jpeg

2. scilover

scilover Member

Maybe your plan doesn't get enough water or are you actually fertilizing more than what it should have. If you put too much fertiliser sometimes your plan will also gone bad

3. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

I haven't watered my tomatoes for some weeks now (it has been rainy here) and fertilized them only one time, few weeks after planting. So far they are nice and healthy. Too much love would kill.