Using grow lights for indoor plants

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Nicolegreens, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Nicolegreens

Nicolegreens New Member

Hello

I am moving to a place that will not have enough light for the plants I have. I am looking for information on grow lights specifically for my plants that like direct afternoon and evening sun.

I live in Vancouver, please let me known if there is any great businesses around that might be helpful.

Thank you

2. pmurphy

pmurphy Contributor 10 Years

What type of plant?

Most garden centers will sell different types of grow-lights but if you're looking for specific times the lights are on you'll have to resort to using timers - all my tropicals come inside in the fall and the room they're kept in has an assortment of lights (depending upon the plant in question) on timers so that I'm not having to turn them on at 5am and off at 9PM.

Depending upon where you're located in the city, you can check out Garden Works on Lougheed in Burnaby or Mandeville on SW Marine in Vancouver (there are other large garden centers that will also carry but are further away in Maple Ridge, Langley and North Vancouver)
    You can also check out some of the local hydroponic shops but they're big bucks.