1. raul bernoe

raul bernoe Member

I like to know more about Trillium ovatus. Over the last number of years I have rescued a few plants from across the road before the bulldozer cleared the land. Since then they have spread on their own and I have tried to seed in flats and cells for several years but have found no reliable metrods to go by the seed method. I tried my best to stratify them but no luck. But I can transplant O.K. I wonder if somebody is just as silly as I am to do this.
    Your Raul from sunny Parksville

2. 1950Greg

1950Greg Active Member

Langley, B.C. Stones throw from old HBC farm.
    Trillium seed are ephemeral meaning they should be planted when still wet. Once dried it can take years to germinate. Try to create as close to possible the natural conditions that surround the plant in the wild. I moved some of the ones that I have to a area near my pond that gets the overflow and is damp most of the year with a mixture of leaves and course mulch. That was last year and so haven't seen any results yet.

3. raul bernoe

raul bernoe Member

Thank you very much, Greg. That was quick. Not only that, you see this is my first time at this, I mean by computer. I've lived all this time with my wife more or less dominating it. Her domain. Now, however, she has passed away and I must learn how to use it. Amazing, that I got an answer, and a good and useful one, too. Thanks again.
    Raul from P.V. where the sun usually shines.