Transplanting Casablanca Lilies

Discussion in 'Annuals, Biennials, Perennials, Ferns and Bulbs' started by Dave Hardesty, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Dave Hardesty

Dave Hardesty Member

I will be moving from Tokyo Japan to Calif. this summer and I would like to take my collection of Casa Blanca Lilies with me. What is the best way to transplant them?
    Should I take them out of the ground now (winter) and keep them in the freezer, then put them in damp peatmoss or let them dry out? Your help needed.

2. bcgift52

bcgift52 Active Member

No don't let them dry out and don't freeze them either, that would be the best way to lose them. It would be okay to dig them out now and put them in damp peatmoss in the fridge (not freezer) or other cool place. Although unless they have great sentimental value, I'd leave them behind because you might not be allowed to bring them in and they are easily available here. If I were to take the risk of bringing bulbs back, Japan has a lot of other very nice lilies.

3. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

Are you going to need a phytosanitry certificate or something? As you generally can't bring live stuff from country to country.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2007