Identification: Tiny elephant ears?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by nanso, Sep 11, 2008.

1. nanso

nanso Member

Hi all,

Any idea what this plant is? I thought it is "elephant ears", but I learned a couple of things after a quick search in the forums 1) elephant ears is not such a good name for a plant, since there are so many types commonly referred to as elephant ears 2)Plants commonly referred to as elephant ears usually very large leaves, mine doesnt.

Since I bought it about a month and a half ago, its leaves have been yellowing. It lost quite alot of leaves. Please help!

Thanks alot,

Nanso

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Syngonium.

3. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

yup, syngonium. also called 'arrowhead vine'. it takes a while before it vines out, though - especially if you keep it in indirect bright light...direct light will cause it to grow more quickly.

4. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Syngonium (goose-foot plant) likes bright filtered light. Can burn in hot sun. It can handle "some" morning, or later sun, as well as dapple.They like semi moist soil.

When the top inch of soil starts to feel dry, it's time to water.
    These plants will vine if you let them and can be grown up a pole, or, grow them in a hanging basket instead, or in a pot on the floor. If you don't want it to vine too much, cut anything back that starts to grow too long.

5. nanso

nanso Member

Thanks alot :)

6. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Agree on the id, however mine look for light and grow in full sun. Here in the subtropics they are a weed, so keep it in a pot if you don't want it to take over your yard : )

Ed