These are annoying pests!

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by jchopty, Apr 21, 2006.

1. jchopty

jchopty Member

Hello,
    I live in Dubai and growing a garden here is difficult but very possible. However, we are inundated with pests that are very difficult to control. Mealy bugs and leaf minors wreak havok on tomatoe, cucumber and other plants. Also caterpillars are highly destructive for various plant leaves. I have a lemon tree in a pot that I left outdoors for the winter and it had every single leaf infected by leaf minor and many leaves were half eaten ... forcing me to bring the plant back indoors and to remove every leaf.
    Does anyone know of any way to get rid of these pests? I have tried various insecticides from those that are absorbed in the roots to those that are sprayed on the leaves but nothing seems to work ...

2. greendude

greendude Member

3. jchopty

jchopty Member

THanks for that information - I found info on the mealy bugs but nothing on leaf minors. I will keep searching!

4. greendude

greendude Member

I'll check into these insects and see what I can find out - I don't have them here where I live (never had a prob with them).

5. greendude

greendude Member