"The Fairy" shrub rose (polyantha)

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by sea, Jun 17, 2013.

1. sea

sea Member

Dear HortForum dwellers, please, help me to find the subj. I am searching for "The Fairy" (pink flowers) or "The White Fairy" (white flowers) shrub roses. I visited several stores and nurseries in my area and around (I live in Port Coquitlam) but didn't find these roses. I need them very much. First of all, I must replace one "white fairy" that belonged to my neighbor (I dug out and threw it away by mistake). On top of that, I like these roses very much and want to grow them in my backyard too. I would appreciate any advice as I almost lost any hope to find these roses... Thank you everybody in advance!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Make some phone calls, expect driving some distance to be a possible requirement in order to be getting potted stock at this time. Otherwise you could order through the internet/mail, for delivery during the end of the dormant season. If both are still in business, roses are one area of plants where the two major North American suppliers of giant selections are inside Canada (Ontario).

3. sea

sea Member

What are those 2 suppliers you mentioned in your reply? What are their names? I am not a pro at gardening and don't know where I can order plants online. Thank you for your reply!

4. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Look for Pickering and Hortico - if you are willing to wait for the next shipping season (for dormant stock) months from now.

5. sea

sea Member

Thanks for your advice! To my surprise, I found these 2 suppliers somewhere on the Internet by myself an hour ago. Hortico do not have The Fairy, Pickering have just pink variation of this rose and they closed orders already till next season :(

Thank you anyway for the idea of online plant ordering. I didn't know about this option.