Shop in The Garden

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by bcgift52, Mar 7, 2006.

1. bcgift52

bcgift52 Active Member

Does anyone know if the plant shelves have been stocked up yet ?

2. globalist1789

globalist1789 Active Member

There are lots of 4" potted annuals that I've seen. Is that what you mean?

3. bcgift52

bcgift52 Active Member

I had perennials, shrubs, and conifers in mind.

4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Why dont you make a wish list of things you are looking for and ring around a few Nurseries and Garden centres, it would be a good ice breaker and a way to find out what the new stock is, or when more is coming in.

5. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

oscar, the Shop in the Garden is one of the few ways the UBC garden (and ergo this site) is supported...

In answer to the original question (I just went and had a look-see), yes, the shelves have a good amount of plants on them, and a volunteer said that new stock is now arriving all the time.

6. oscar

oscar Active Member

oooops sorry i had no idea *so embarressed* that'll teach me to go poking my nose in all over the place.............in my defence, your salesman hat didnt go on very fast Oo

7. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Well, I'd hoped that one of the garden's volunteers might step in and answer. My attention is elsewhere as I try to prewrite 40 Botany Photos of the Day before I leave on vacation in less than 30 hours.

8. bcgift52

bcgift52 Active Member

Oscar, I do have a shopping list and have been nursery hopping several times already this 'almost Spring season' - it's just that the UBC Shop In The Garden is a little far to go for empty plant shelves, although the book shelves are always full of goodies too.
    Anyway, they're predicting snow flurries for this week and I need a plant fix so it's a good time to go plant hunting.

Daniel, thank you for taking the time - it is appreciated. Looking forward to a whole
    new bunch of Botany Photos of the Day - and all those plants that I don't know yet.