Sad Lemon Tree

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by Ute Seebauer, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Ute Seebauer

Ute Seebauer New Member

Hello,
    I am hoping that someone may be able to point me into the right direction with my sad lemon tree so it won't die:
    I had it sprout in my drain hole in the bathroom about 5 years ago. No idea how it survived hot water and tooth paste or how it even got there in the first place. It grew nice and quickly the first two years, but the last 3 hasn't been growing much and the leaves have been curled.
    I checked for bugs. watered more. I watered less. I fertilized. I had it outside in the summertime on my porch in Ontario and brought it back in for the winter. I moved it with me to Vancouver Island. Next to it are three beautiful and healthy grapefruits, 2 years younger and much taller.
    Dinters recommended a Sulphur based fungicide. Did that... Also told me to repot it. Did that as well. I can't see bugs on it. What could be wrong with it???

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Looks like it's suffering from a lack of moisture. What did the roots look like when you repotted the tree? Were they healthy or were they mushy? Was the tree root-bound and if so, how did you remedy that? What type of medium did you use and is it the same as that used for the grapefruit trees?

3. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Maybe a citrus blast (Pseudomonas syringae)?
    Those blackened stems are suspicious.

4. Ute Seebauer

Ute Seebauer New Member

The roots looked ok to me. And I repotted all citruses, yes. Just regular miracle grow potting soil.

Citrus Blast... I need to google that. I have never heard of it... Thanks, that might be an idea....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2021
  5. Sulev

Sulev Contributor