Red Tip Photinia Leaf Spots

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Melody Green, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Melody Green

Melody Green Member

I have a large privacy border of Red Tip Photinia that is about 14 to 16 ft tall and I have sprayed it at least three times with Lilly Miller Morcrop that was recommended to me by a friend, who said that it would help with the leaf fungus that seems to keep coming back no matter what I do! Is there anything else out there that seems to help even better because I am at my wits end! I do not want to have to get rid of it because I really do like the privacy that it gives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Melody Green

2. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

what is the active ingredient in the product you have used? Have you tried to prune it a bit to thin it out and increase the airflow through the shrub? avoid using a sprinkler to water (try not to get the foliage soaked if possible). Feed it with a balanced fertilizer to encourage strong growth to replace damaged leaves.

3. Melody Green

Melody Green Member

The product that I am using at this time is the Lilly Miller Morcrop, The active ingredient is listed as basic Copper Sulfate. A friend who is a landscaper recommended it, unfortunately I know that the weather is also a contributing factor this year because it has been a lot more rainy than we have had in some time.

4. jimmyq

jimmyq Well-Known Member 10 Years

if you choose chemical control I believe a systemic would be best suited for the photinia. perhaps a product with Triforine as an active ingredient may be more effective. Remember that fungicides are only a preventative measure for growth that is healthy at the time of application, it wont cure the damaged growth.