Rainy season put a hurting on my Seiryu.

Discussion in 'Maples' started by agentf1, Sep 7, 2006.

1. agentf1

agentf1 Member

I have a bunch of small cutleaf maple grafts I just picked up this year and when I got them the Filigree and Seiryu had some pretty bad leaf burn. The Filigree was so bad it lost its leaves a few weeks ago and is now getting new growth and looks great. My Seiryu was not as bad until the 2 or 3 weeks of rain we just got and even with putting the trees under my swing house to get them away from all the water have need soaked for over 2 weeks now. The first sunny day we got it seemed the seiryu did not like it at all and what green that was left on the tree seemed to get dry and then turned brown like they did with the leaf burn. It kinda looks dead now. I am wondering if it will lose its leaves and get new growth like the Filigree did or is it too late in the year and it will just go dormant early. I am hoping I don't lose it. Should I give it some fish emulsions or Miracle Grow to try to force some growth or just take care of it like I have been and hope for the best come spring? Thanks.

2. jumbojimmy

jumbojimmy Active Member

seiryu is a a tough tree. it will eventually grow back.

if u remove those dead leaves, new growth of leaves will burst out. otherwise wait until spring time comes and see what happens.