Propagating Pachysandra and Creeping Myrtle

Discussion in 'Plant Propagation' started by jr15ar15, May 16, 2007.

1. jr15ar15

jr15ar15 Member

Hello,
    I hope this is the right place to post this question. As you can see this is my first post. I don't have much experience in the garden but I would like learn more.

I live in Northwest Pennsylvania right on the about three miles from Lake Erie. I have a hill in my back yard that measures 20' on the hypotenuse by 60' long. The slope is about 45 degree angle the majority was covered in weeds and golden rod. Some of the hill has creeping myrtle on it. Last year I dug up all of the weeds and golden rod (I hope). In hopes to insure they don't return I laid down black plastic last year.

My goal is to put down a ground cover that will minimize weeds and golden rod from returning to my hill. Other hills in the neighborhood have Creep Myrtle and Pachysandra and they look like good with little to no weeds, or golden rod.

This year I want to start transplanting creeping myrtle and pachysandra that I have access too. I have never transplanted before and I was wondering what is the best way to transplant these plants is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Joe R.