Identification: please help identification fungi

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by Eko Cahya, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Eko Cahya

Eko Cahya New Member

found this fungi on dead wood in urban forest. it is yellow about 5 cm and 1 cm thick. is it polyporace? does anyone can identified this fungi? thank you
    fungi on the dead wood
    DSC_20180528_085914_229r.jpg
    top side of the fungi
    DSC_0114r.jpg
    fungi's pore
    DSC_0116r.jpg

2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Greetings Eka,
    Good call - yes this is a polypore.
    While some fungi are transglobal, yours does not look familiar to me. Possibly it is a species associated with tropical regions (about which I know little).
    The very fuzzy nature of the top of the cap is a strong character, but combining that with pore size and lateral attachment is not giving me a clear choice in my search.
    The genera Hexagonia and Trametella may be worth a look.
    Given that this is an aged and decaying specimen (note the other organisms growing on the pores), you might want to check to confirm that the fuzzy part is actually part of this mushroom, and not the growth of another fungus atop it. Not likely but possible.
    Hope that is of some help,
    frog

3. Eko Cahya

Eko Cahya New Member

thanks Frog, the fungi found in Java, Indonesia (yes, it is tropical). the fuzzy part and greenish part is not the fungi, (maybe other organism?) thank you for the information Frog