planting vegetable garden near the septic

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Milagarden, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    hi there - this place in South Langley looks like an interesting nursery to visit - by appt only - see all the fruit bushes on their website here - http://southgrove.ca/index.php

2. Milagarden

Milagarden New Member

Thank you Georgia for sharing. It does look like fun place to visit.

3. Georgia Strait

Georgia Strait Generous Contributor

South Okanagan & Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
    aha! you are on a long slippery slope of garden temptation now!

I used to try and have the bed ready (the hole dug, etc) BEFORE buying plants - well, that lasted maybe once.

now I try to pay cash only (ie keep myself on a budget) - well, so much for that bright idea.

so I suppose i can justify by saying I don't have a boat, an ATV, a camper, or other recreational hobbies that require significant funding!

----------------
    this place is in Langley however, I believe it is mail-order only - it would be worth contacting them and asking if they offer local pick-up ----- I meant to buy from them last fall and never got to it. They get good reviews on Daves Garden website and other places. http://www.botanus.com/pages/Contact-Us.html

(go to the 'shop' menu, pull down and you'll see fruit and veggies category - I see they have a dwarf sour cherry - mmm, sounds like great Cardinal Jam (sour cherry, red currant and raspberry))

4. Milagarden

Milagarden New Member

Sour cherries and currants are my favorite. I don't eat too much sweet fruits, so this is a great alternatives for me to grow. I will definitely give them a call. They are not too far from me, so I can come and pick it up. But, first thing is to change the septic field location, and this will be a huge job for me. I need a space to grow all this yummy staff.