Identification: Plant ID help- 2 indoor plants

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Alexis E, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Alexis E

Alexis E New Member

Hi All!

I am newly getting involved in indoor plants and I recently purchased these two from the store and have no idea what species/variety they are. The first plant is supposedly a dracaena and the second is a pathos. Please help!

Thanks so much :)

Attached Files:

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Alexis E likes this.
  3. Alexis E

Alexis E New Member

Thanks so much for your help Junglekeeper! I tried to look up images of different pothos varieties but most of the leaves on my plant seem so variable (mostly full green leaves and a select few leaves with some yellow spotting patterns) that I am not confident in identifying or even ruling out several of the varieties. As this plant grows larger, I am curious if leaf variation patterns become more consistent for identification of a specific variety?

4. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

5. bihai

bihai Well-Known Member 10 Years

What it really looks like to me is an Epipremnum aureum cultivar called 'Jade' which is having a few leaves revert back to the typical yellow and green variety. All of the epipremnum cultivars are sports of the original plant that were then reproduced to keep the certain color, variegation, or leaf form going. But they can and do revert sometimes...I have Neon that sometimes gets a few variegated leaves (photo 1). Mostly the cultivar most people have in there yards here are either the plain form (photo 2) or the yellow and green variety (photo 3), the leaves do get very large if it is allowed to climb, and they will also begin to pinnate.

Attached Files:

6. bihai

bihai Well-Known Member 10 Years

This is one of the weirdest Epipremnums out there...its called 'Witch's Hat'. No one in the US has grown one to maturity yet, it will be really cool to see what it does when it is mature

Attached Files: