Pinus sylvestris 'KBN Gold Sport'

Discussion in 'Gymnosperms (incl. Conifers) Photo Gallery' started by JT1, Sep 28, 2013.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Pinus sylvestris 'KBN Gold Sport'
    This is considered a slow growing conifer with a wonderful two toned effect. The needles that are exposed to the sun are a very bright yellow and the inner shaded foliage is blue to bluish green in the center of the tree. This combination is simply amazing in my opinion and it commands attention in the landscape.

This tree was discovered by Greg Williams at Kate Brook Nursery in Vermont. 'KBN Gold Sport' and 'KBN Gold' are the same. KBN stands for Kate Brook Gold.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Purchases from Leuty Nursery in Novelty, OH. They have THE BEST AND BIGGEST selection of conifers and Japanese maples in the state of Ohio. Amongst all their beautiful conifers KBN Gold Sport stood out and I knew this was something special that I had to add to my collection. A must have for any collector in my opinion!

Attached Files:

2. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Here is the new Spring growth of KBN Gold Sport with Ginkgo biloba Tubiformis (left) and Acer palmatum 'Summer gold' (right).

Attached Files: