Identification: Philodendron ?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by lufthoved, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lufthoved

lufthoved Member

Hi everyone,
    first of all: I apologize for posting theese pictures again. However, the first post drowned in this weekend massive new threads. Hope ypu can help anyway...

I recently bought this plant, only labeled philodendron...

Can anyone identify the species/cultivar?

Kind regards Lufthoved

Attached Files:

2. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

it could be a philodendron and if so, i'm still new at id's, so i wouldn't be able to suggest a particular name.

i can say that sometimes plants are marked as phil's when they're really epipremnum (pothos is one of the more common/recognizable eppremnum's) and that might be the case here.

none of 'the usual' aroiders seemed to be on the site over the weekend...maybe a few will check in and comment now, though.

in the mean time, do some googling - both philodendron and epipremnum - you may find it on your own :) if you do, please update here - that's a pretty cool-looking plant and i'd like to add it to my collection and an id is needed to do that!

3. Cereusly Steve

Cereusly Steve Active Member

In the latest Plant Delights Nursery catalog for Fall 2008, they offer something similar as Alocasia macrorrhizos 'Shock Treatment'. Also compare with Alocasia cuculata 'Crinkles'.