Peace lily problems

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by DSims, Jul 26, 2020.

1. DSims

DSims New Member

Hello. This is my first post here.
    I have an indoor peace lily that I've recently repotted. It seemed to be doing very well and flowered this year however since repotting I have many tiny sprouts emerging around the base of the plant that seem to be tiny new leaf shoots. All the other new growth I've had before were large new leaves emerging from the centre of the plant. Will these small shoots and leaves eventually become large ones or is this a sign that I'm doing something wrong? The other larger leaves seem happy enough but there isn't many of them, five in total. How do I get my Spath to grow large and bushy?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@DSims, good morning and welcome to the forum. Looking at your Spathiphyllum, it looks perfectly OK. This is how it makes new growth. I have several and yours is continuing how mine grows.
    I feed mine every two weeks with Baby bio, this is plenty and gives it the little boost it needs.
    I also only water with rain water as it does not like hard tap water in my area. Rain water is best for all plants IMO.
    Hope this is of help.

DSims likes this.
  3. DSims

DSims New Member

Thank you!
    I also use rainwater and baby bio. It's very nice to know that it is definitely doing well. Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing it bush out.

Acerholic likes this.
  4. scilover

scilover Member

is it difficult to grow a lily? does it have like a specific temperature to grow

5. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@scilover, not difficult at all. Keep them at a temperature not below 55°F, good well drained compost and reasonable amount of light. They do not need to be kept in a window with full sun.
    Every couple of weeks a feed from house plant food, ensure they are watered preferably from rain water when soil feels dry and of they go.
    If they start wilting every few days, then they will benefit from repotting. You can split them into other pots very easily.