Identification: Pachypodium

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by ACM, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ACM

ACM Member

I am attaching photos of a plant which has been called a pachypodium. I am interested in finding out whether it can more specifically identified.

Attached Files:

2. Ralph Walton

Ralph Walton Active Member 10 Years

Try www.pachypodium.org/
    You may have to wait for the flowers to positively ID it. Some varieties are spectacular.
    Ralph

3. ACM

ACM Member

I received the larger plant several years ago as a single or double bulblet. It has never bloomed, just adds new bulbs. Hope I don't have to wait much longer.

4. ACM

ACM Member

I queried Pachypodium.net re the plant I've been trying to identify and then e-mailed the address referred to in that site. The return message told me that the plant is not a Pachypodium so I'm back to where I started, asking for help in identifying the plant.

The smaller plant is a bulblet from the larger. I've had the larger plant for several years and it has not bloomed.

5. There's a good chance what you have is a pineapple euphorbia (Euphorbia bupleurifolii) I think there are a couple of forms.
    s.s

6. K Baron

K Baron Well-Known Member

What a cool plant, I hope that you find out its genus and perhaps growth requirements, in order to enjoy potential blooms! Good Luck!