Identification: NOT an Aroid!

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by ianedwards, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ianedwards

ianedwards Active Member

Many thanks to everyone, including those whose frustrations kept the thread going until we had an answer. If my Botanical Latin had been up to scratch I could have worked out that a plant with blue starry flowers and heart shaped leaves would likely be cyanastrum cordifolium. Also, I now know where I must have bought it, Arden Dearden's Equatorial Exotics in Cairns, Queensland which I visited in November 2003. I saw in my googling that it is on sale at Glasshouse Works in Stewart, Ohio, where they mention its slow growth rate.

2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

I really enjoyed this quest! Much like the detective novels of which I am fond: begin with a mystery; observe; gather clues; utilize the 'little gray cells' of the brain; discard red herrings and incorrect information until---voila! The mystery is solved, and the truth shines clearly. Great stuff.

And it is a beautiful plant!

3. joclyn

joclyn Rising Contributor

oh, great!! there's somewhere in the states to get it through!! thanks for the info, ian!