New tropical plant group forming!

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by zdufran, Sep 10, 2009.

1. zdufran

zdufran Member

Tropical plant enthusiasts are meeting at the Oklahoma City Myriad Botanical Gardens on November 21 at 1pm. ANYONE AND EVERYONE is welcome to come. Come and bring a friend or two. The Myriad Gardens has a wonderful collection of tropical plants, including more than 100 species of Palm trees, a nice collection of Cycads, Gingers, Bromeliads and Orchids. Admission will be charged ($6 adult, $5 seniors, $3 children). The Myriad Gardens website is http://www.myriadgardens.com/

We will also be trading plants and cuttings. Bring anything you would like to share with other enthusiasts.

This is the first meeting of the newly formed MidAmerica chapter of the International Aroid Society. You don't have to be a member to join us for the meeting and tour, though. Future meetings will be located at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, Forth Worth Botanical Gardens, and Steve Lucas's Exotic Rainforest in Siloam Springs.

For more information, check out the chapter page at http://www.aroid.org/midamerica/

Please RSVP to Zach DuFran (zach at zachandchristie dot com)

2. photopro

photopro Well-Known Member

Please do join us in OKC on November 21 !

By the way, The Exotic Rainforest which is my private botanical garden is located in Siloam Springs, AR. We host visitors all the time and there is no charge. Just today we hosted 40 school children and their parents.

I'll be bringing some semi-rare Philodendron species to the meeting at the Myriad Center and you may be going home with some nice plants. Please do bring anything you wish to trade!

3. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

WOW, I wish I was closer :(

Is there a botanical garden in SC??

4. photopro

5. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

6. photopro