Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Deb Heffel-Bumford, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Deb Heffel-Bumford

Deb Heffel-Bumford New Member

Hello everyone. I'm an indoor gardener now living in an apartment due to life circumstances. I'm unfamiliar with the workings of this community and would appreciate it if I could receive feedback. I currently have a question about how to plant Opuntia seeds after soaking them and don't know which forum to ask it. Also, is there a beginner's forum?

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

3. Deb Heffel-Bumford

Deb Heffel-Bumford New Member

Thank you for taking the time to give me these suggestions. After several weeks of activity after planting, I became very frustrated not knowing if what I was doing was correct. I've had a lot of unforseen events occur in my life recently, including contracting Covid, and I didn't have the time or patience to experiment. Eventually, I threw them out. The seeds were more expensive than I expected. I think that when I'm able, I'll consider a cut instead of seeds. There will be a greater chance of successful planting, I think. Thanks again for helping me. I'll check out your blog.
    Deb H-Bumford

4. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Yes, propagation with cuttings is effective and widely used method. Wish you luck with your experimenting!