New home maple

Discussion in 'Maples' started by notShai, Apr 18, 2024.

1. notShai

notShai New Member

We moved to our first house a few months ago and started to notice the greens.
    Have no clue about anything that grows, asides for - I know I like nature.
    Long story a tree guy said I need to get rid of a tree in order for his crane to get to a tree we need to remove. He said it's rotted anyway, and added, it might be the king of trees, but it's in bad shape.
    So I started reading about japanese maples, bought fertilizer for it, but honestly I need advice! I can't figure out what to do to help it. Took pictures last week, since, the red leaves are now grown, doesn't look dead to me!
    I am aware they're are multiple problems with it. It has three main trunks, one died, 2 left.
    What do I do? Clean? Treat? Support? Cut? Pray?

20240418_234811.gif

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Good morning @notShai and welcome to the Maples forum. IMO this tree is very very near it's ending. There is far too much age damage let alone possible disease, to even think about trying to save it.
    I don't like to give up on trees, but in this case IMO it is time to remove and replace with something new, strong and healthy.