new fruit trees?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by Michela77, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Michela77

Michela77 New Member

Hey everyone! I was cleaning garden with my mother a few weeks ago: we were removing some bushes, weeds and old withered trees. We want to plant on their place some new ones, especially fruit trees. However, we are considering if it is not too late? What season is the best for planting fruit trees? Have you got some list or schedule of when to grow trees?

2. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Late fall or early spring while the trees are dormant are the best times for planting fruit trees where winters are not too severe. If winter temperatures regularly drop below -20 degrees C, I would only plant in the spring. The timing also depends on the availability of the desired trees. Around here most fresh fruit tree stock is only available in the spring. Some trees left over from spring may be available in the fall, but these often do not grow as well as fresh stock.

3. Delvi83

Delvi83 Active Member

If they are grown in pot, you can also plant them during summer, anyway October/November is the best time for decidous trees, for evergreen (if not too cold resistant) is better in MArch.