Need to sell some of my cherished JMs :(

Discussion in 'Maples' started by brierphoto, May 23, 2012.

1. brierphoto

brierphoto Active Member

Hi folks,

Although my appreciation and enthusiasm hasn't waned an ounce, I am in the middle of a major life change and will need to regretfully cut back on the amount of potted JMs that I have acquired over the years. I'm going to be drastically downsizing within the next month, and I'll only have room for a few of my favorites.

I have given a few away as gifts, but I'd like to try and recoup some of the money that I've spent on them, especially as I've found myself in a financial hard spot. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to sell these guys?

Thank you very much.

2. maplesandpaws

maplesandpaws Active Member

I don't know what the rules on the forum are, but I'm sure there would be members who would be interested in some of your trees - could you post a for sale thread on here??? I'd suggest ebay, but of course you never know what kind of buyer will pick up a cherished tree... Either way, good luck with everything!!

3. maf

maf Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Unfortunately, for sale threads are not allowed, so it would not be possible to use that method in this case.

According to the Forum Charter:

4. brierphoto

brierphoto Active Member

Thank you very much.

I'd like to try and sell them locally. I suppose I can always try craigslist. Or, maybe I should look into setting up a one-time booth at the local farmers market...

5. maf

maf Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Local/regional gardening societies and the like sometimes organise plant sales too. Might be worth checking if there is anything like that in your locale.

6. Sea Witch

Sea Witch Active Member

I agree with MAF. That's probably a good way to find a buyer. Even if they don't have a sale coming up, they might find you a buyer.

I would also try Craigslist. I've sold all kinds of odd things there and in a hurry too.