mystery Coryphantha

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Oldmilkmaid, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Oldmilkmaid

Oldmilkmaid Member

I bought this cactus a week ago, and have spent a good portion of the last seven days trying to figure out what in the world it is! I've narrowed it down to a Coryphantha, because of the shape of the thorns, the shape of the plant, the alignment of the tubercles, and the groove in the top of each tubercle. However, I am at a loss to decide which Coryphantha! The closest I can come so far is either elephantidens, or scolymoides, but neither one is 100% the same as mine, according to the pictures I found on www.miles2go.com. Take a look and see what you think, please.

Becky in Colorado

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. Oldmilkmaid

Oldmilkmaid Member

Thank you, sir! That will keep me busy for a while! I haven't used Google, but normally utilize Dogpile's multiple search-engines - it didn't turn up all of THIS, which disappointed me a lot. I shall definitely have to start "googling" for things.

These cacti sure are persnickety - so similar, yet so different! They're a challenge...

Thanks again,
    Becky