My poor lemon tree needs help??

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by daschipper, Jul 25, 2007.

1. daschipper

daschipper Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to gardening food plants. This is my first Lemon tree and it was doing fine in the beginning, flowered and has lots of immature fruits on it but now it has some white and brown spots on it. I fought off an aphid problem in the beginning but have not had any problems for months. I live in the Sacramento Valley, California and it has been super hot lately. I water it heavily about every other day as it dries out pretty quickly. It sits in full sun for about half the day from afternoon to evening. I have noticed along with water that comes out the drainage holes it is forming white stains as well (almost like salt or chlorine stains) and the leaves as starting to get this as well. My tree is an outdoor tree only and I try and mist it when it gets too hot 100 plus degrees hoping that will help. It has never gotten wilted but just started this browning to the leaves. I used a 10-6-4 Citrus fertilizer when it first flowered as the local gardening store recommended. I hope someone can give me some advice I don’t want to lose my lemon tree.

Thanks!!

Attached Files: