Mushroom Photos PNW / My latest thing to do

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by M. D. Vaden, Dec 15, 2004.

1. M. D. Vaden

M. D. Vaden Active Member 10 Years

The forum description indicates that sharing is okay in here.

So here goes, the link is under my signature line. Most photos are from the Oregon coast.

Last summer, I started reading about mushrooms and started to pay attention to the enormous abundance of different fungi.

Also, I learned to ID a few edibles - chanterelle, violet cort, admirable bolete, oyster mushroom.

Just happened to find a few last chanterelles yesterday.

If the image attached right, that's violet cort (used flash; it's real color is a bit darker)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. Articulady

Articulady Member

I got into mushroom hunting about 10 years ago when I had major reconstructive surgery on my hand and couldn't really get much exercise. I started taking little walks in the woods for fresh air and realized that mushroom hunting was something I could do with myself while I recuperated. It's a wonderful hobby and as long as you do your research thoroughly, very rewarding and tasty!!

Remember.. there are old mushroom hunters, there are bold mushroom hunters, but there are no old, bold mushroom hunters ;)